Very high event count with faulty detectors

• aladavis
  • aladavis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 4 months ago #274 by aladavis
aladavis created the topic: Very high event count with faulty detectors
An issue we have been catching lately is when we have detectors that have a short in the lead-ins or a faulty processor card and results in an abundance of calls to the controller. This is for us a faulty detector, but we may not catch it through conventional max-outs or force-offs for various reasons. It also prevents full high-resolution data sets from being retrieved as the allotted bin in our controllers are being filled with events. The result will be volume counts on a minor approach in the 10-20k range, which is obviously erroneous data.

Two questions for the community:
1. Has anyone else experienced this issue;
2. Would an enhancement to the SPMWatchDog that flagged irregularly high events be something that would be useful to others?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #275 by JamieMackey
JamieMackey replied the topic: Very high event count with faulty detectors
Alan, we experience this at UDOT frequently with our Advance sensors. I often include a slide on this in my longer presentations. I usually generate a count for all PCD detectors between 3 to 4 a.m. once a month. We go through the ones that are over X vph. I'll have to check the cutoff that seemed most reliable. We've talked about adding a Watchdog alert that would look for that criteria. I'm going to email you a spreadsheet with some of the analysis I've done.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aladavis

More
1 year 4 months ago #276 by JamieMackey
JamieMackey replied the topic: Very high event count with faulty detectors
Here's an example of what this looks like for us.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds