Version 4.2.0

• marktaylor@utah.gov
  • marktaylor@utah.gov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 3 months ago #277 by marktaylor@utah.gov
marktaylor@utah.gov created the topic: Version 4.2.0
All, I've received a few inquires about folks installing version 4.1.0. Version 4.1.0 is a stable version, so if that is your plan, you're welcome to continue. However, we are very close to releasing version 4.2.0. The UDOT programmers would rip by head off if I gave you a date when it will be available on OSADP, but I would guess April or May. The plan is for us to get it on the UDOT production site first, use it for a few weeks and work all (well...most) of the bugs out. Then to place it on OSADP. Alpha testing the new version, i'm very impressed with the features that have been added to version 4.2.0 (three programmers have been working full time for 5 months on it). There is a 15-minute aggregater being added with a host of new charts that will allow you to roll up the enumerations into weekly, monthly, yearly trends. In addition, you can look at the data specifically for an intersection, or create corridors or groups of signals. There is also a raw data export feature, another layer of security options, a process to archive data from the server and a ton of bugs that have been fixed (even some that have been present for a long time). So.... if if you're not far in the process of installing version 4.1.0, I would personally wait for version 4.2.0. It's pretty dang awesome. In a week or so, I will provide a link to our staging site to give you a sneak peak of what's coming.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 months 1 week ago #440 by Lehrke
Lehrke replied the topic: Version 4.2.0
Do we have any updates on a release of V4.2? I saw a lot of code changes on Github last month but haven't seen any since. Has there been a lot of additional changes since that code was committed?

More
8 months 1 week ago #441 by dlowe
dlowe replied the topic: Version 4.2.0
We are still beta testing and correcting errors. Eddie is working on putting together a training video to install the new software. I was out last week which is probably why you haven't seen many updates coming through.

More
7 months 1 week ago #454 by dlowe
dlowe replied the topic: Version 4.2.0
I just wanted to let everyone know that we have posted the new version here. Georgia has reported a few issues while running their conversion tests and we are trying to work through those. Please make sure you backup your data before running this upgrade and I would highly recommend trying it on a test database before you run it on your production environment. Please let us know what issues you see and we will try to address them and get a new version out with any fixes that are needed.

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds